Welcome to the xKarel's homepage. xKarel is a game to learn structured programming. You manipulate with the robot Karel using simple programing language. Robot knows any elemetary commands. You learn robot more commands. Any new command is small structured program.
- See at description for more information.
- Visit xKarel's free download page. Program xKarel is binary distribute for MS Windows ® and Linux. Source codes is available too.
- If you want cooperate with xKarel develop, visit page about cooperation.
- If you want compete in xKarel's language skills, visit on-line contest.
History in brief
The Robot Karel was very popular in our country (Czech Republic - country in Central Europe) on 8 bits computer like Atari®, Commodore® etc... Robot's name Karel is first name of a czech writer Karel Capek, that first used word "robot" in his drama RUR. Richard E. Pattis from Standford's university was the first man who has an idea of robot Karel
Program xKarel is one from much todays xKarel's implementations. At the beginning, xKarel was a semestral work on the university. Now it is "open source" project.
Program xKarel came into existence in 1997 as semestral work at course Object oriented programmming on Department of computer science - Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science - VSB - TU Ostrava.
- XKarel's programmers
- Radim Dostal & Petr Abrahamczik
- WWW pages author
- Radim Dostal
- On-line contest author
- Radim Dostal
- Lenka Churava (Lenka Churava) for translate file syntax.html into english language.
- Team DENIO for create image on the top of WWW page (in prefered style).
- Other projects
- Radim Dostal - www.cestovatele.info (in Czech language)
If you want to take anything into a discussions forums, please describe exactly your problem. If you know an answer to any question, you may answer. Please, prefer discussions before an e-mail.
- Author WWW pages: Radim Dostal
- Authors xKarel: Radim Dostal & Petr Abrahamczik
- > Prefered style <
- > Style for print <
- > No style <